Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beering in Midtown Atlanta



As usual the early Fall season means you're going to find me doing some corporate travel, and that almost always means Atlanta and Georgia Tech.  I typically stay in Midtown near campus at the Georgia Tech Hotel and this time was no different.  Every year the only option I typically have is the Taco Mac at Metropolis and if I feel like not going local, the Gordon Biersch on Peachtree.  This time however, I was pleasantly surprised when setting up my itinerary I stumble upon Cypress Street Pint and Plate.


The place is within walking distance of my hotel and has a more Petrol Station feel to it.  Only a few beers on tap, all craft beer, that rotates throughout the day.  I actually missed their Beer Geek night and just had lunch there.

Beer Log: September 12, 2012
State: Chilling with one of the guys at Cypress Pint and Plate

I ordered the chicken since I was in Atlanta.

They were out of EasyRider so...

Sweetwater Lowryder
Light amber and clear wtih low head and not much of a scent.  The taste had a nice hop bite to it and a little bit of a light caramel malt.  A pinch of bread, pine cone, and a wet aftertaste (if that makes sense).  Low three stars.

Later on I had all the other beers they had there and ended up with some stuff we have not prayer of getting in Houston.

21st Amendment Back in Black
Just love the name of this beer.  Black color and whatnot.  Great chocolate and hops flavor.  I just went ahead and enjoyed this right out of the can... that's right cans.  4 stars for the San Franciscans.  

No comments: